Are you a fan of Attack on Titan? Do you want to know how many manga series are there? Look no further because this article is for you!
If you’re short on time, here’s a quick answer to your question: There are a total of 34 volumes of Attack on Titan manga series.
In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to Attack on Titan manga series, including how many volumes are there, the plot, characters, and more. Let’s dive in!
Attack on Titan Manga Series Overview
Attack on Titan, also known as Shingeki no Kyojin, is a popular Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama. It was first published in September 2009 in Bessatsu Shonen Magazine and has since gained a massive following worldwide.
How Many Volumes of Attack on Titan Manga Series Are There?
As of August 2021, there are a total of 34 volumes of Attack on Titan manga series. The series is divided into different story arcs, each consisting of several volumes. The first story arc, which follows the events of the anime series, spans 23 volumes, while the final story arc, which is currently ongoing, began with volume 23 and is expected to end with volume 34.
What is the Plot of Attack on Titan Manga Series?
The story of Attack on Titan takes place in a world where humanity lives inside cities surrounded by enormous walls due to the Titans, gigantic humanoid creatures who devour humans seemingly without reason. The main protagonist is Eren Yeager, a young boy who dreams of seeing the world beyond the walls. However, when a colossal Titan breaches the outer wall of his hometown, Eren vows to destroy every Titan and take revenge for his mother’s death.
The series follows Eren and his friends as they join the military and fight against the Titans, uncovering dark secrets about their origins and the true nature of their world.
Who Are the Main Characters in Attack on Titan Manga Series?
Aside from Eren Yeager, the main characters in Attack on Titan include:
- Mikasa Ackerman, Eren’s childhood friend and adoptive sister
- Armin Arlert, Eren’s best friend and a strategic genius
- Levi Ackerman, the captain of the Survey Corps and one of humanity’s strongest soldiers
- Erwin Smith, the commander of the Survey Corps and a brilliant strategist
- Hange Zoë, a scientist and a member of the Survey Corps who is fascinated by the Titans
These characters and more play important roles in the series, each with their own unique personalities and motivations.
For more information about Attack on Titan manga series, you can visit the official website here.
Attack on Titan Manga Series: Characters
The Attack on Titan manga series is known for its extensive and diverse cast of characters. Each character brings something unique to the story, making it a thrilling and captivating read. Here are some of the most notable characters in the series:
- Eren Yeager: The main protagonist of the series, Eren is a hot-headed and determined young man who seeks revenge against the Titans for destroying his home and killing his mother. He possesses the power of the Founding Titan and the Attack Titan.
- Mikasa Ackerman: Mikasa is Eren’s adoptive sister and childhood friend. She is a skilled fighter and possesses exceptional strength and agility. Her main goal is to protect Eren at all costs.
- Armin Arlert: Armin is Eren and Mikasa’s childhood friend who possesses exceptional intelligence and strategic thinking. He often serves as a valuable asset to the Survey Corps in their fight against the Titans.
- Levi Ackerman: Levi is the captain of the Survey Corps’ Special Operations Squad and is known for his exceptional combat skills and leadership abilities. He also has a tragic past that has shaped his personality and actions.
- Historia Reiss: Historia is a member of the Survey Corps and the true heir to the throne of the Walls. She has a kind heart and a desire to help others, but also struggles with her own identity and past.
- Zeke Yeager: Zeke is Eren’s half-brother and a high-ranking member of the Marleyan military. He possesses the power of the Beast Titan and has his own agenda in the war against Paradis Island.
Each character in the Attack on Titan manga series has a unique backstory, personality, and motivation that adds depth and complexity to the overall story. It’s no wonder that fans have grown to love and connect with these characters over the years.
Attack on Titan Manga Series: Plot Summary
The Attack on Titan manga series is a thrilling story about humanity’s fight for survival against the Titans, giant humanoid creatures that devour humans for no apparent reason. The story is set in a world where the remaining humans live inside three concentric walls to protect themselves from the Titans. The manga series has been divided into several arcs, each with its own unique plot and characters. Here is a brief summary of each arc:
- Prologue: The prologue sets the stage for the story and introduces the main characters, Eren, Mikasa, and Armin.
- Fall of Shiganshina arc: This arc begins with the fall of the outermost wall, Shiganshina, to the Titans. Eren, Mikasa, and Armin all witness the horrors of the Titans for the first time.
- Battle of Trost District arc: The survivors of the fall of Shiganshina must now fight to defend the second wall, Trost District, from the Titans. This arc introduces new characters and explores the military hierarchy of the human society.
- The Female Titan arc: This arc is centered around the mysterious appearance of a female Titan that is able to move with intelligence and strategy. The Survey Corps sets out to capture the female Titan, and the story reveals shocking truths about the Titans and the human society.
- Clash of the Titans arc: This arc reveals more about the history of the Titans and their connection to the human society. It also introduces new characters and alliances between different groups of humans.
- The Uprising arc: In this arc, the story takes a political turn as the Survey Corps uncovers a conspiracy within the government that threatens to upend the fragile balance of power between humans and Titans.
- Return to Shiganshina arc: This arc marks a return to the site of the fall of Shiganshina as the Survey Corps sets out to recover Eren’s memories and uncover the truth about his father’s past.
- Marley arc: The story shifts its focus to the nation of Marley, the enemy of the human society. This arc explores the perspective of the Marleyans and their use of Titans as weapons of war.
- War for Paradis arc: The final arc of the manga series is currently ongoing and centers around the conflict between the Marleyans and the Eldians for control of the island of Paradis, where the remaining humans reside.
The Attack on Titan manga series is a masterful blend of action, drama, and suspense that keeps readers on the edge of their seats. To learn more about the series and its characters, visit the official Attack on Titan Wiki.
Attack on Titan Manga Series: Reception and Awards
The Attack on Titan manga series, written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama, has received widespread critical acclaim since its debut in 2009. The series has been praised for its intense storyline, complex characters, and stunning artwork. It has been adapted into numerous forms of media, including an anime series, video games, and live-action films.
The manga series has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics. It has been praised for its unique take on the post-apocalyptic genre, as well as its exploration of themes such as trauma, loss, and the nature of humanity. The characters, in particular, have been praised for their depth and complexity. The series has been described as “an epic masterpiece” by IGN, and “one of the greatest works of its generation” by The A.V. Club.
Attack on Titan has also been popular with fans, both in Japan and internationally. It has been translated into multiple languages and has sold over 100 million copies worldwide. The series has been credited with helping to popularize the manga and anime medium in the United States and Europe.
Awards and Nominations
The Attack on Titan manga series has been nominated for and won numerous awards since its debut. In 2011, it was nominated for the prestigious Manga Taishō award. The series has also won the Kodansha Manga Award, the Harvey Award, and the Micheluzzi Award.
In addition to these awards, the anime adaptation of Attack on Titan has also received critical acclaim. It has won multiple awards, including Best TV Animation at the Tokyo Anime Awards and Anime of the Year at the Tokyo International Anime Fair.
Attack on Titan is undoubtedly one of the most popular manga series in recent years. With its unique plot, interesting characters, and stunning artwork, it has captured the hearts of millions of fans worldwide.
In this article, we have provided a comprehensive guide to Attack on Titan manga series, including the number of volumes, plot summary, characters, and awards. We hope this article has answered all your questions about Attack on Titan and has piqued your interest in this fantastic manga series.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab a copy of Attack on Titan manga series and start reading today!