Are you a fan of the popular anime series Naruto Shippuden? If so, you may be wondering just how many episodes there are in total.
If you’re short on time, here’s a quick answer to your question: there are 500 episodes of Naruto Shippuden in total.
But if you’re looking for a more comprehensive guide to the series, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the episodes of Naruto Shippuden, including the different arcs, fillers, and more. Read on to learn everything you need to know about this beloved anime series.
The Story of Naruto Shippuden
Naruto Shippuden is a Japanese anime series that is the sequel to the original Naruto anime. The show follows the story of Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja who dreams of becoming the strongest ninja in his village. The series takes place two and a half years after Naruto left the village to train with Jiraiya.
The Main Characters
The show has a large cast of characters, but some of the main characters include:
- Naruto Uzumaki: The main character of the series. He is a teenage ninja from the village of Konohagakure. Naruto is a jinchuriki, which means he has a powerful demon fox sealed inside of him.
- Sasuke Uchiha: Naruto’s best friend and rival. Sasuke is a member of the Uchiha clan, one of the most powerful ninja clans in the village. He is also one of the last surviving members of the clan.
- Sakura Haruno: A member of Naruto’s team. Sakura is a skilled ninja who specializes in medical jutsu. She has a crush on Sasuke.
The Plot of Naruto Shippuden
The plot of Naruto Shippuden revolves around Naruto’s journey to become the strongest ninja in his village. Along the way, he faces many challenges and battles, both physical and emotional. He also learns more about his past and the history of his village.
One of the main storylines of the series is Naruto’s quest to save his friend Sasuke, who has turned against the village and become a rogue ninja. Naruto is determined to bring Sasuke back to the village and restore their friendship.
Throughout the series, Naruto and his friends face many powerful enemies, including members of the Akatsuki, a group of rogue ninja who seek to capture the powerful tailed beasts. The series also explores themes of friendship, loss, and the importance of never giving up on your dreams.
The Different Arcs of Naruto Shippuden
Naruto Shippuden is a long-running anime series that follows the adventures of Naruto Uzumaki and his friends as they navigate the dangerous world of ninja warfare. The series is divided into several story arcs, each with its own unique plot and set of characters. Here are some of the most memorable arcs from Naruto Shippuden:
- The Kazekage Rescue Arc: This arc focuses on Naruto’s mission to rescue Gaara, the Kazekage of the Hidden Sand Village, from the clutches of the Akatsuki. Along the way, Naruto and his friends face off against some of the most powerful members of the enemy organization, including Deidara and Sasori.
- The Tenchi Bridge Reconnaissance Mission Arc: In this arc, Naruto and Sakura are sent on a mission to gather information about the Akatsuki’s plans. Along the way, they encounter a new ally named Sai, as well as some familiar faces from the original Naruto series.
- The Three-Tails’ Appearance Arc: This arc sees Naruto and his friends teaming up with a group of ninja from the Hidden Mist Village to capture the Three-Tails, a powerful beast that has been unleashed upon the world. Along the way, they must also contend with the Akatsuki, who are also after the beast for their own purposes.
- The Itachi Pursuit Arc: After learning the truth about his brother’s past, Sasuke sets out on a mission to kill Itachi, the man responsible for the massacre of their clan. Naruto and his friends try to stop Sasuke and bring him back to the village, but they soon find themselves embroiled in a deadly battle against the Akatsuki and their allies.
- The Fourth Great Ninja War Arc: This arc is the culmination of the entire Naruto series, as Naruto and his friends join forces with the other ninja villages to take on the forces of the Akatsuki and their mysterious leader, Tobi. The war is filled with epic battles, heartbreaking sacrifices, and shocking twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.
If you’re a fan of Naruto Shippuden, then you already know how exciting and action-packed each of these arcs can be. Whether you’re rooting for Naruto and his friends to save the day, or you’re intrigued by the complex machinations of the Akatsuki and their allies, there’s something in this series for everyone. So why not dive in and experience the thrill of Naruto Shippuden for yourself?
Filler Episodes in Naruto Shippuden
As a fan of the Naruto Shippuden anime series, it’s hard not to notice the many filler episodes that are scattered throughout the show. For those who may not know, “filler” episodes are those that are not based on the original story from the manga, but instead are created by the anime studio to give the manga time to get ahead.
Why Filler Episodes Exist
The reason why filler episodes exist is simple: to prevent the anime from catching up to the manga. Since the manga is the original source material for the story, it’s important for the anime to have enough material to adapt without going ahead of the manga. This is especially crucial for ongoing series like Naruto Shippuden, which has over 500 episodes.
Filler episodes can also serve as a way to give the manga creator, Masashi Kishimoto, a break from his work. Writing and drawing a manga series can be a grueling process, and having the anime studio create some episodes can give Kishimoto some much-needed time off.
The Filler Episodes in Naruto Shippuden
With over 200 filler episodes in Naruto Shippuden, it can be difficult to know which ones are worth watching. Some filler episodes can be entertaining and provide additional character development or backstory, while others can feel like a waste of time.
One of the most infamous filler arcs in Naruto Shippuden is the “Three-Tails’ Appearance” arc, which begins at episode 89. This arc follows Naruto and the gang as they search for the Three-Tails, a giant turtle-like beast. While the arc has some interesting moments, it ultimately feels like it drags on for too long and doesn’t add much to the overall plot of the series.
On the other hand, there are some filler episodes that are worth watching. For example, episode 176 is a standalone episode that follows the character Yamato as he tries to teach a group of young ninja about teamwork. The episode is heartwarming and provides some much-needed character development for Yamato, who is often overshadowed by the more prominent members of the cast.
Ultimately, whether or not to watch filler episodes in Naruto Shippuden is up to personal preference. Some fans prefer to skip them entirely and focus solely on the main story, while others enjoy the additional content that filler episodes provide. Regardless of your stance on filler episodes, it’s important to remember that they exist for a reason and serve a purpose in the larger scheme of things.
Where to Watch Naruto Shippuden
Are you a fan of Naruto Shippuden and wondering where you can watch it? Look no further as we have compiled a list of the best places to stream or buy Naruto Shippuden episodes.
If you prefer streaming, there are several services that offer Naruto Shippuden episodes. One of the most popular is Crunchyroll, a streaming platform that specializes in anime content. You can watch Naruto Shippuden for free with ads or subscribe to their premium service for an ad-free experience.
Another option is Hulu, a streaming service that offers a variety of TV shows and movies. You can watch Naruto Shippuden with a Hulu subscription, which starts at $5.99 per month, or with a free trial.
If you’re a fan of dubbed anime, Funimation is the streaming service for you. They offer both subbed and dubbed versions of Naruto Shippuden. You can watch for free with ads or subscribe to their premium service for an ad-free experience.
DVD and Blu-ray Releases
If you prefer physical copies, you can purchase Naruto Shippuden episodes on DVD or Blu-ray. You can find them at major retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, and Amazon. The DVD and Blu-ray releases come with both subbed and dubbed versions of the episodes.
If you’re a collector, you might be interested in the limited edition box sets that include special features like art books and collectible items. These box sets can be found on Amazon or at specialty retailers.
|Streaming Services||DVD and Blu-ray Releases|
No matter which option you choose, you’ll be able to enjoy Naruto Shippuden and follow the journey of Naruto and his friends.
In conclusion, Naruto Shippuden is an anime series that has captured the hearts of fans around the world. With 500 episodes in total, there’s plenty of content to enjoy, from the main story arcs to the filler episodes.
If you’re looking to get started with the series, or if you’re a longtime fan looking to revisit your favorite episodes, there are plenty of options available for watching Naruto Shippuden. Whether you choose to stream it online or purchase the DVD and Blu-ray releases, you’re sure to find plenty of entertainment in this beloved anime series.