If you’re a fan of anime, you’ve probably heard of Naruto. This popular Japanese manga and anime series has a huge following around the world, and for good reason. Naruto is an epic tale of a young ninja’s journey to become the strongest in his village and protect his loved ones.
One question that many fans ask is how many seasons of Naruto there are. If you’re short on time, here’s a quick answer to your question: there are 9 seasons of Naruto, including the original Naruto series and its sequel, Naruto Shippuden.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take a closer look at each season of Naruto and what you can expect from each one. From the original series to the latest Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, we’ve got you covered.
Naruto Season 1: Enter the World of Naruto
Are you a fan of Naruto or considering watching the series? Look no further as we provide a comprehensive guide to each season of Naruto. Let’s start with Season 1: Enter the World of Naruto.
Naruto Season 1 originally aired from October 3, 2002 to April 3, 2003 in Japan. It comprised of 35 episodes and was later dubbed in English for the North American audience.
The first season of Naruto introduces us to the main character Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja who dreams of becoming the Hokage, the leader of his village. Throughout the season, we see Naruto’s journey as he trains and faces challenges alongside his friends Sasuke and Sakura. Some notable episodes include:
- Episode 1: “Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!” – The first episode introduces us to Naruto and his ambition to become Hokage.
- Episode 7: “The Assassin of the Mist!” – Naruto and his team face off against an enemy ninja known as Zabuza.
- Episode 19: “The Demon in the Snow” – Naruto and his team are sent on a mission to protect a bridge builder from a ruthless gang.
- Episode 35: “The Scroll’s Secret: No Peeking Allowed” – Naruto and his classmates participate in a test to see who can steal a scroll from their teacher.
The first season of Naruto sets the stage for the rest of the series. We learn about the world of ninjas and the village of Konoha. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are assigned to a team led by Kakashi, a skilled ninja. Together, they face off against various enemies and complete missions assigned to them by the Hokage. We also learn about the Nine-Tailed Fox, a powerful creature that was sealed within Naruto as a baby, and how it affects his life.
Naruto Season 2: The Chunin Exams Begin
Overview: Naruto Season 2 is comprised of episodes 26 to 52 of the popular anime series. This season is known as the Chunin Exams arc, where the young ninja students from different villages compete against each other to become Chunin, a higher rank of ninja.
Episodes: The Chunin Exams arc is divided into several sub-arcs, including the preliminary exams, the forest of death, and the final rounds. Each sub-arc features intense battles and challenges, as well as new characters and alliances. Some of the most memorable episodes of this season include “The Oath of Pain,” “Genin Takedown! All Nine Rookies Face Off!” and “The Ultimate Battle: Cha!”
|Episode Name||Air Date|
|The Chunin Exam Stage 1: The Written Exam||April 2, 2003|
|The Tenth Question: All or Nothing!||April 9, 2003|
|The Chunin Exam Stage 2: The Forest of Death||April 16, 2003|
|Surviving the Cut! The Rookie Nine Together Again!||July 2, 2003|
|Naruto’s Counterattack: Never Give In!||August 6, 2003|
Plot Synopsis: The Chunin Exams arc is a pivotal moment in the Naruto series, as it marks the first time that the young ninja protagonists are truly put to the test. As they navigate their way through the various stages of the exams, they encounter new enemies and challenges, and also form new bonds with their fellow competitors. The final rounds of the exams are particularly intense, as Naruto and his friends face off against some of the strongest ninja in the land. This season is a must-watch for any fan of the Naruto series, as it showcases the characters’ growth and development, as well as their unwavering determination to succeed.
Naruto Season 3: The Search for Tsunade
If you’re a fan of the Naruto anime series, you may be wondering how many seasons of Naruto there are. Well, there are a total of 9 seasons of Naruto, with each season having a different story arc. In this article, we’ll be focusing on season 3: The Search for Tsunade.
The Search for Tsunade is the third season of the Naruto anime series. It consists of episodes 53 to 78 and covers the story arc of Naruto and his friends searching for a new Hokage. The season originally aired in Japan from June 2003 to February 2004.
Season 3 of Naruto consists of a total of 26 episodes. Here’s a breakdown of the episode titles:
- Episode 53: Long Time No See: Jiraiya Returns!
- Episode 54: The Summoning Jutsu: Wisdom of the Toad Sage!
- Episode 55: A Feeling of Yearning, A Flower Full of Hope
- Episode 56: Live or Die: Risk it All to Win it All!
- Episode 57: He Flies! He Jumps! He Lurks! Chief Toad Appears!
- Episode 58: Hospital Besieged: The Evil Hand Revealed!
- Episode 59: The Final Rounds: Rush to the Battle Arena!
- Episode 60: Byakugan vs. Shadow Clone Jutsu!
- Episode 61: Ultimate Defense: Zero Blind Spot!
- Episode 62: A Failure’s True Power
- Episode 63: Hit it or Quit it: The Final Rounds Get Complicated!
- Episode 64: Zero Motivation: The Guy with Cloud Envy!
- Episode 65: Dancing Leaf, Squirming Sand
- Episode 66: Bushy Brow’s Pledge: Undying Love and Protection!
- Episode 67: Late for the Show, but Ready to Go! The Ultimate Secret Technique is Born!
- Episode 68: Zero Hour! The Destruction of the Hidden Leaf Village Begins!
- Episode 69: Village in Distress: A New A-Ranked Mission!
- Episode 70: A Shirker’s Call to Action: A Layabout No More!
- Episode 71: An Unrivaled Match: Hokage Battle Royale!
- Episode 72: A Mistake from the Past: A Face Revealed!
- Episode 73: Forbidden Secret Technique: Reaper Death Seal!
- Episode 74: Astonishing Truth! Gaara’s Identity Emerges!
- Episode 75: Sasuke’s Decision: Pushed to the Edge!
- Episode 76: Assassin of the Moonlit Night
- Episode 77: Light vs. Dark: The Two Faces of Gaara
- Episode 78: Naruto’s Ninja Handbook
The Search for Tsunade arc begins with Naruto and his friends returning to the Hidden Leaf Village after their intense training with Jiraiya. Upon their return, they discover that the current Hokage has retired and that a new Hokage must be chosen. The group decides to search for Tsunade, one of the legendary Sannin, who they believe is the best candidate for the position.
However, they soon discover that Tsunade is a hard person to find and that there are others who are also searching for her. One of these people is Orochimaru, a former student of the previous Hokage who has his own plans for Tsunade.
The season is filled with intense battles, emotional moments, and a lot of character development. It’s a must-watch for any Naruto fan.
Naruto Season 4: The Return of Orochimaru
If you’re a fan of the popular anime series, Naruto, then you must be familiar with the fourth season of the show, which is also known as “The Return of Orochimaru”. This season marks a significant turning point in the series as it brings back one of the most feared villains of the show, Orochimaru.
The fourth season of Naruto consists of episodes 79 to 104 and was originally aired in Japan from August 2004 to February 2005. The season follows the story of Naruto and his friends as they try to rescue their comrade, Sasuke, who has been captured by Orochimaru. As they journey through the Land of Rice Fields, they encounter new challenges and enemies along the way.
The fourth season of Naruto comprises a total of 26 episodes, each with a runtime of approximately 23 minutes. The episodes are titled as follows:
- Episode 79: Beyond the Limit of Darkness and Light
- Episode 80: The Third Hokage, Forever…
- Episode 81: Return of the Morning Mist
- Episode 82: Eye to Eye: Sharingan vs. Sharingan!
- Episode 83: Jiraiya: Naruto’s Potential Disaster!
- Episode 84: Roar, Chidori! Brother vs. Brother!
- Episode 85: Hate Among the Uchihas: The Last of the Clan!
- Episode 86: A New Training Begins: I Will Be Strong!
- Episode 87: Keep on Training: Pop Goes the Water Balloon!
- Episode 88: Focal Point: The Mark of the Leaf
- Episode 89: An Impossible Choice: The Pain Within Tsunade’s Heart
- Episode 90: Unforgivable! A Total Lack of Respect!
- Episode 91: Inheritence! The Necklace of Death!
- Episode 92: A Dubious Offer! Tsunade’s Choice!
- Episode 93: Breakdown! The Deal is Off!
- Episode 94: Attack! Fury of the Rasengan!
- Episode 95: The Fifth Hokage! A Life on the Line!
- Episode 96: Deadlock! Sannin Showdown!
- Episode 97: Kidnapped! Naruto’s Hot Springs Adventure!
- Episode 98: Tsunade’s Warning: Ninja No More!
- Episode 99: The Will of Fire Still Burns!
- Episode 100: Sensei and Student: The Bond of the Shinobi
- Episode 101: Gotta See! Gotta Know! Kakashi-Sensei’s True Face!
- Episode 102: Mission: Help an Old Friend in the Land of Tea
- Episode 103: The Race is On! Trouble on the High Seas!
- Episode 104: Run Idate Run! Nagi Island Awaits!
In the fourth season of Naruto, Orochimaru returns to the show as the main antagonist. He captures Sasuke and plans to use him to fulfill his ambition of gaining immortality. Naruto, along with his friends, sets out on a mission to rescue Sasuke and stop Orochimaru.
The season focuses on the journey of Naruto and his friends as they travel through the Land of Rice Fields, encountering new enemies and challenges along the way. They face off against Orochimaru’s minions, including the Sound Four, and engage in battles that test their strength and resolve.
As the season progresses, Naruto and Sasuke’s rivalry becomes more intense, with both characters developing new techniques and skills to surpass each other. The season culminates in a dramatic showdown between Naruto and Sasuke, with Sasuke ultimately leaving the Leaf Village to pursue his own goals.
The fourth season of Naruto is an exciting and action-packed installment in the series, with plenty of twists and turns to keep viewers on the edge of their seats. It’s a must-watch for any fan of the show.
Naruto Season 5: The Sasuke Retrieval Arc
If you’re a fan of Naruto, you’re probably wondering how many seasons of Naruto there are. Well, you’ll be pleased to know that there are a total of 9 seasons of the original Naruto series. Season 5 of Naruto is known as the Sasuke Retrieval Arc, and it’s considered to be one of the most exciting seasons of the series.
The Sasuke Retrieval Arc spans across episodes 107-135 and is considered to be the fourth and final arc of the Naruto series. In this arc, we see Naruto and his friends attempt to rescue Sasuke from Orochimaru’s clutches. Along the way, they encounter many obstacles and fight some of the strongest opponents they’ve ever faced.
Season 5 of Naruto consists of a total of 29 episodes, each packed with action, drama, and suspense. Here are the episode titles:
- 107: “The Battle Begins: Naruto vs. Sasuke”
- 108: “Bitter Rivals and Broken Bonds”
- 109: “An Invitation from the Sound”
- 110: “Formation! The Sasuke Retrieval Squad”
- 111: “Sound vs. Leaf”
- 112: “Squad Mutiny: Everything Falls Apart!”
- 113: “Full Throttle Power! Choji Ablaze!”
- 114: “Good-bye Old Friend…! I’ll Always Believe in You!”
- 115: “Your Opponent is Me!”
- 116: “360 Degrees of Vision: The Byakugan’s Blind Spot”
- 117: “Losing is Not an Option!”
- 118: “The Vessel Arrives Too Late”
- 119: “Miscalculation: A New Enemy Appears!”
- 120: “Roar and Howl! The Ultimate Tag-Team”
- 121: “To Each His Own Battle”
- 122: “Fakeout: Shikamaru’s Comeback!”
- 123: “The Leaf’s Handsome Devil!”
- 124: “The Beast Within”
- 125: “The Sand Shinobi: Allies of the Leaf”
- 126: “Showdown: Gaara vs. Kimimaro!”
- 127: “Vengeful Strike! The Bracken Dance!”
- 128: “A Cry on Deaf Ears”
- 129: “Brothers: Distance Among the Uchiha”
- 130: “Father and Son, the Broken Crest”
- 131: “The Secrets of the Mangekyo Sharingan!”
- 132: “For a Friend”
- 133: “A Plea From a Friend”
- 134: “The End of Tears”
- 135: “The Promise That Could Not Be Kept”
The Sasuke Retrieval Arc sees Naruto and his friends set out to rescue Sasuke from Orochimaru. Along the way, they encounter many obstacles, including battles with Sound and Sand ninja, and face some of the strongest opponents they’ve ever faced. The arc culminates in a final showdown between Sasuke and Naruto, where Naruto attempts to bring Sasuke back to the Leaf Village.
Naruto Season 6: The Time Skip
Naruto season 6, also known as Naruto: Shippuden, is the second part of the Naruto anime series. This season covers episodes 1 to 53 and marks the time skip that occurs in the storyline. The time skip takes place two and a half years after the end of season 5, where Naruto has been training with Jiraiya, one of the legendary Sannin, to become stronger.
- Episode 1: Homecoming
- Episode 2: The Akatsuki Makes Its Move
- Episode 3: The Results of Training
- Episode 4: The Jinchuriki of the Sand
- Episode 5: The Kazekage Stands Tall
- Episode 53: Title
Season 6 of Naruto follows Naruto and his friends as they reunite after the time skip and continue their journey to become stronger ninja. The season focuses on the Akatsuki, a criminal organization that seeks to capture all of the tailed beasts, including Naruto’s Nine-Tailed Fox. Naruto and his friends must work together to protect their village and prevent the Akatsuki from achieving their goals.
Throughout the season, Naruto faces new challenges and battles powerful enemies, including members of the Akatsuki and Sasuke, his former teammate who has turned against their village. Meanwhile, Naruto also learns more about his past and the truth behind the Nine-Tailed Fox that resides within him.
Naruto Season 7: The Final Battle
Naruto is a popular Japanese anime series that has captivated audiences worldwide. The show has a total of 9 seasons, with Season 7 being the final season of the original Naruto series. This season is known as “The Final Battle” and is a must-watch for all Naruto fans!
Season 7 of Naruto originally aired in Japan from January to March 2007. It consists of 25 episodes and covers the final battles of the Naruto storyline. The season is a continuation of the previous season, and picks up right where Season 6 left off.
The episodes in Season 7 are action-packed and full of intense battles. Here is a list of the episodes:
- Episode 152: “The Battle Begins: Naruto vs. Sasuke”
- Episode 153: “The Battle Begins: Naruto vs. Sasuke – Part II”
- Episode 154: “The Enemy of the Byakugan”
- Episode 155: “The Dark Creeping Clouds”
- Episode 156: “Raiga’s Counterattack”
- Episode 157: “Run! The Curry of Life!”
- Episode 158: “Follow My Lead! The Great Survival Challenge”
- Episode 159: “The Bounty Hunter from the Wilderness”
- Episode 160: “Hunt or Be Hunted?! Showdown at the O.K. Temple!”
- Episode 161: “The Appearance of Strange Visitors”
- Episode 162: “The Cursed Warrior”
- Episode 163: “The Tactician’s Intent”
- Episode 164: “Too Late for Help”
- Episode 165: “The Death of Naruto”
- Episode 166: “When Time Stands Still”
- Episode 167: “When Egrets Flap Their Wings”
- Episode 168: “Mix It, Stretch It, Boil It Up! Burn, Copper Pot, Burn!”
- Episode 169: “Remembrance: The Lost Page”
- Episode 170: “The Closed Door”
- Episode 171: “Infiltration: The Set-Up!”
- Episode 172: “Despair: A Fractured Heart”
- Episode 173: “The Battle at Sea: The Power Unleashed!”
- Episode 174: “Impossible! Celebrity Ninja Art – Money Style Jutsu!”
- Episode 175: “The Treasure Hunt is On!”
The final season of Naruto focuses on the epic battle between Naruto and Sasuke. The two friends turned rivals face off in a battle that will determine the fate of the ninja world. The season also introduces new villains and challenges for Naruto and his friends to overcome. The episodes are filled with intense action, emotional moments, and surprises that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats. Without spoiling the ending, fans will not be disappointed with the conclusion of the series.
Naruto Season 8: The Fourth Great Ninja War
If you’re a fan of the popular anime series Naruto, you may be wondering how many seasons of the show there are. Well, to put it simply, there are 8 seasons of Naruto. However, each season is broken up into smaller arcs, making it a bit more complicated than just 8 seasons. In this article, we’ll be taking a closer look at one of the most exciting seasons of Naruto: Season 8, also known as the Fourth Great Ninja War.
Naruto Season 8 spans a total of 25 episodes and covers the Fourth Great Ninja War arc. This season is considered one of the most action-packed and intense seasons of the entire series, as it is the culmination of years of build-up and foreshadowing. The Fourth Great Ninja War arc sees the various ninja villages banding together to fight against the evil organization known as Akatsuki, who are bent on world domination.
The 25 episodes that make up Naruto Season 8 are as follows:
- Episode 261: For My Friend
- Episode 262: War Begins
- Episode 263: Sai and Shin
- Episode 264: The Secret of the Impure World Reincarnation
- Episode 265: An Old Nemesis Returns
- Episode 266: The First and Last Opponent
- Episode 267: The Brilliant Military Advisor of the Hidden Leaf
- Episode 268: Battleground! The Search for the Missing Hinata
- Episode 269: Forbidden Words
- Episode 270: Golden Bonds
- Episode 271: Road to Sakura
- Episode 272: Mifune vs. Hanzo
- Episode 273: True Kindness
- Episode 274: The Complete Ino-Shika-Cho Formation!
- Episode 275: A Message from the Heart
- Episode 276: Attack of the Gedo Statue
- Episode 277: Unison Sign
- Episode 278: Medic Ninja in Danger
- Episode 279: White Zetsu’s Trap
- Episode 280: Aesthetics of an Instant
- Episode 281: The Allied Mom Force!!
- Episode 282: The Secret Origin of the Ultimate Tag Team!
- Episode 283: Two Suns
- Episode 284: The Helmet Splitter: Jinin Akebino!
- Episode 285: User of the Scorch Style: Pakura of the Sand!
The Fourth Great Ninja War arc sees the various ninja villages banding together to fight against the evil organization known as Akatsuki. The war is sparked when the Akatsuki leader, Kabuto, uses a forbidden jutsu to resurrect deceased ninja from the past, turning them into powerful weapons. However, Kabuto’s true goal is to resurrect the legendary ninja, Madara Uchiha, who plans to use the power of the Ten-Tails to take over the world.
The war is fought on multiple fronts, with the various ninja villages using their unique abilities and skills to try and gain the upper hand. Naruto, the titular character of the series, plays a pivotal role in the war, using his powerful Nine-Tailed Fox chakra to turn the tide of battle. Along the way, we see some of the most intense and emotional fights in the series, as characters struggle to protect their loved ones and their way of life.
Naruto Season 9: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
After the success of Naruto, the creators of the series decided to continue the franchise with a new series called Boruto: Naruto Next Generations. This series is considered to be the ninth season of the Naruto anime.
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations premiered on April 5, 2017, and is still ongoing. As of August 2021, the series has aired a total of 209 episodes. The episodes are available to stream on platforms like Crunchyroll and Hulu.
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations takes place several years after the events of Naruto. The story follows Naruto’s son, Boruto Uzumaki, and his teammates as they navigate the ninja world and face new challenges. The series also features appearances from many characters from the original Naruto series.
One of the main themes of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is the relationship between fathers and sons. Boruto struggles with living in the shadow of his father, who is now the Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village. The series also explores the themes of friendship, loyalty, and sacrifice.
If you are a fan of the Naruto series, Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is definitely worth checking out. It offers a fresh take on the beloved characters and world, and continues the legacy of one of the most popular anime series of all time.
In conclusion, Naruto is an anime series that has captivated audiences around the world with its thrilling action, compelling characters, and epic storylines. With 9 seasons to choose from, there’s no shortage of content to keep you entertained for hours on end.
Whether you’re a die-hard Naruto fan or new to the series, we hope this comprehensive guide has given you a better understanding of how many seasons of Naruto there are and what each one has to offer. So grab some popcorn, settle in, and get ready to dive into the world of Naruto!