BTS, also known as Bangtan Sonyeondan, is a South Korean boy band that has taken the world by storm. Their music is loved by millions of fans worldwide, and they have been breaking records since their debut in 2013.
If you’re here to find out how many songs BTS has, here’s a quick answer to your question: as of June 2021, BTS has released over 200 songs, including Japanese and Korean-language releases, as well as collaborations with other artists.
In this comprehensive guide, we will take a closer look at BTS’s discography, from their debut album to their latest releases. We will also explore some of their most popular songs and collaborations, as well as the stories behind their music. So, whether you’re a die-hard ARMY or a casual fan, keep reading to discover more about BTS’s music journey.
As one of the biggest boy bands in the world, BTS has amassed an impressive discography over the years. Here’s a comprehensive guide to their music, starting with their debut album:
- Debut Album: 2 Cool 4 Skool – BTS made their debut in 2013 with this album, which featured tracks like “We Are Bulletproof Pt. 2” and “No More Dream”. The album showcased their unique blend of hip-hop, pop, and R&B.
- Full-Length Albums – BTS has released six full-length albums so far, including “Dark & Wild”, “Wings”, and “Map of the Soul: 7”. Their albums often explore themes like youth, love, and mental health, and feature a range of musical styles.
- Mini Albums – BTS has also released several mini albums, which usually contain around 5-7 tracks. These albums often have a specific theme or concept, and include fan favorites like “The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Pt. 2” and “Love Yourself: Her”.
- Compilation Albums – In addition to their original studio albums, BTS has also released several compilation albums, which include remixes, b-sides, and other previously unreleased tracks. These albums include “The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever” and “Love Yourself: Answer”.
- Soundtrack Releases – BTS has contributed to several soundtracks over the years, including “BTS World”, a mobile game based on the band. They’ve also recorded songs for popular K-dramas like “Hwarang” and “Itaewon Class”.
|Album||Release Date||Number of Songs|
|2 Cool 4 Skool||June 12, 2013||9|
|Dark & Wild||August 19, 2014||14|
|The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Pt. 1||April 29, 2015||9|
|The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Pt. 2||November 30, 2015||9|
|Wings||October 10, 2016||15|
|You Never Walk Alone||February 13, 2017||18|
|Love Yourself: Her||September 18, 2017||11|
|Love Yourself: Tear||May 18, 2018||11|
|Love Yourself: Answer||August 24, 2018||26|
|Map of the Soul: Persona||April 12, 2019||7|
|Map of the Soul: 7||February 21, 2020||20|
BTS’s Most Popular Songs
BTS, also known as Bangtan Sonyeondan, is a South Korean boy band that has taken the world by storm with their unique blend of K-pop, hip hop, and R&B music. They have an extensive discography with a variety of hit songs, but some of their most popular songs include:
- “DNA”: This song was released in 2017 and quickly became a fan favorite with its catchy beat and upbeat lyrics. It has over 1.1 billion views on YouTube.
- “Blood Sweat & Tears”: This song was released in 2016 and features a mix of electronic dance music and hip hop. It has over 700 million views on YouTube.
- “Fake Love”: This song was released in 2018 and has a darker, more introspective vibe than some of BTS’s other songs. It has over 700 million views on YouTube.
- “Boy With Luv”: This song was released in 2019 and features American singer Halsey. It has a more pop-oriented sound than some of BTS’s other songs and has over 1.2 billion views on YouTube.
- “Dynamite”: This song was released in 2020 and was BTS’s first all-English song. It has a disco-pop sound and has over 1.1 billion views on YouTube.
These songs showcase BTS’s range as artists and their ability to create music that resonates with fans all over the world. Whether you’re a longtime BTS fan or a newcomer to their music, these songs are a great place to start exploring their discography.
Collaborations and Solo Work
Aside from their amazing discography as a group, BTS members have also released solo works and collaborated with other artists, showcasing their versatility and range as musicians.
Collaborations with Other Artists
BTS has worked with numerous artists from different parts of the world, including Halsey, Ed Sheeran, Nicki Minaj, and Steve Aoki. Some of their most popular collaborations include:
- “Boy With Luv” featuring Halsey
- “IDOL” featuring Nicki Minaj
- “Make It Right” featuring Ed Sheeran
- “Mic Drop” featuring Steve Aoki
These collaborations have not only expanded their fan base but also showcased their ability to create amazing music with other artists.
BTS World Original Soundtrack
In 2019, BTS released the BTS World Original Soundtrack, which features songs created for their mobile game, BTS World. The album includes collaborations with other artists such as Juice WRLD and Zara Larsson. Some of the popular songs from the album include:
- “Dream Glow” featuring Charli XCX
- “All Night” featuring Juice WRLD
- “Brand New Day” featuring Zara Larsson
The BTS World Original Soundtrack showcases the members’ ability to create music that fits different themes and moods, further cementing their status as versatile musicians.
Agust D and RM’s Solo Work
Two members of BTS, Agust D (Suga) and RM, have released solo works that have garnered critical acclaim and commercial success. Agust D released his self-titled mixtape in 2016, which includes the hit song “Daechwita.” RM, on the other hand, has released two mixtapes, “RM” and “Mono,” which showcase his unique style and lyrical prowess.
Their solo works not only showcase their individual talents but also add to the diversity of BTS’ music.
Behind the Music
BTS, the K-Pop sensation, has been taking the world by storm. With their catchy tunes and electrifying performances, they have amassed a massive following of fans. But what makes their music so special? Let’s take a look at their songwriting and production process.
BTS is known for being heavily involved in the creation of their music. They write and produce many of their own songs, bringing their unique perspective and experiences to the table. They also collaborate with other songwriters and producers to create a diverse range of tracks.
Their music is often inspired by their personal struggles and experiences, as well as social issues such as mental health and self-love. They have even used their platform to raise awareness about important causes, such as the Black Lives Matter movement.
One of the reasons BTS’s music resonates with so many people is because of the themes and messages they explore. Their lyrics often touch on topics such as self-discovery, love, and perseverance in the face of adversity.
In addition to their personal experiences, BTS draws inspiration from literature, films, and art. They have referenced works such as Hermann Hesse’s “Demian” and George Orwell’s “Animal Farm” in their songs, adding depth and complexity to their music.
BTS’s music also reflects their Korean heritage, with elements of traditional Korean music and culture being incorporated into their songs. This has helped to introduce Korean culture to a global audience and promote cross-cultural understanding.
BTS’s impact on the music industry cannot be overstated. They have broken numerous records and achieved unprecedented success, including becoming the first K-Pop group to top the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
But their influence goes beyond just chart success. BTS has helped to bring K-Pop into the mainstream, paving the way for other Korean artists to gain international recognition. They have also shown that music can be a powerful tool for bringing people together and spreading positive messages.
BTS’s music has touched the lives of millions of fans around the world, and their legacy will undoubtedly continue to grow in the years to come.
BTS has come a long way since their debut, and their music has evolved and matured with them. With over 200 songs in their discography, they have something for everyone, from upbeat dance tracks to emotional ballads. Their collaborations and solo work also showcase the individual talents of each member.
Their music is more than just catchy tunes and impressive choreography—it carries important messages about self-love, mental health, and social issues. It’s no wonder that they have such a dedicated fanbase that continues to grow with each release.
We hope this guide has helped you appreciate BTS’s music even more and maybe even discover some new favorites. Thank you for reading!